today I tried to play my save (created on Android version) on my desktop but couldn't, it says that game file is corrupted.
I exported it from the Android version via Game Data -> Backup Game File, then transfered via FTP and tried to import.
When I manually placed the .mcz file in My Colony directory in Documents it said that the save is corrupted when I tried to load it.
When I tried to import it via in-game menu it was stuck on Attempting to restore backup.
I tried both the classic desktop version and Windows Store version (this one shows info about corrupt save even when I import via in-game menus).
The Android app version is 0.75.1, the desktop app version is 0.75.0.
I played this game a year ago or so and had some saves which I deleted. Now every time I start the game, the files get recreated with zero file size, I don't know if this is related any way but I find it strange.
Are there any other locations where My Colony stores some data so that I could delete it all and try to start fresh?
Find User here you can look for a user
Unable to play the same save on Android and Windows
#1 2018-11-18 22:41:15
#2 2018-11-18 23:01:28
So, after decoding the save file I noticed that there are these characters at the end:
Y[YZXܛؚ[HYKܘ]]H\ؘ[HYK^HX[ۈYK]X]U[Y\[\MM N LMM̋Y[YYۚXȎYKYH\[[ȎYKZXܛܘ]]H][ȎYK\XYX][ۈYKY[YܙH\YX][ۈYKY[Y\[X[ۈYKY[YX[[HۜX[ۈYKۚX[[[H[ܞHYKY[YZ[[ȎYKX[[ۙZ[[ȎYKܘ]]HX[YX\
When I removed them and reencoded the file it worked. It's probably problem with the export.
#3 2019-01-04 05:42:34
RikudouSennin said:So, after decoding the save file I noticed that there are these characters at the end:
Based on your comment, I just decided to try the same thing (i didnt know how to do the whole lz-string thing, so i just opened it outright in notepad++)
There was a 2nd line of only 59 characters, I'm guessing it was supposed to be a hash check of some sort that just got cut off. Anyways, deleted that, save worked on windows just fine after. (Same as you, started on Android, moving to windows)