My Colony v0.64.0 Changelog
- Added a Delete All button to the building stats screen. Use with caution!
- New Research build category added
- Added new in-game texture mod downloader
- The in-game commonwealth chat now shows which colony each user represents
- Players on the Xbox One console can no longer play online 😕 (Microsoft requirement, nothing I can do about it)
- Added wheel storage to the Gravitational Compression Warehouse
- Increased Crystalling, Ore, Regolith, and Charcoal storage capacities for the Zolarg Mound
- LIS colonies can now build the Hall of Congress
- On Android and Windows 10, lighting effects are now turned Off by default, for performance reasons. Can be changed back in the Engine Settings screen
- Slightly improved Starship construction time
- Starships and Wheels have been added to the GBT
- Multiple texture mods can now be activated at once
- You can now upload your custom texture mods to the My Colony server in-game
As you can see, this update primarily focuses on cleaning up existing content and a complete rewrite of the texture modding system. If people utilize the new Texture Mod upload/download server, I will expand the feature allowing for in-app screenshots before downloading, and user ratings for the mods so you know what you are getting ahead of time.
I am thinking of implementing an entire in-game complete modding system, allowing the modder to start with a completely blank slate game file and build their own My Colony like game from scratch, defining their own civs, graphics, structures, and all related content. More information on that will be forthcoming.
Anyway, next update will probably be back to content again, unless something major comes up. Let me know if you have any issues with the new texture mod system, as I did rewrite the entire thing from scratch to allow for multiple mods to be activated at once.
That's all for today everyone. Much more to come - enjoy!