Health graph of colony gets stuck and does not update anymore after a food and water crisis.
Steps of reproduction:
- Prepare a working and healthy colony
- Have a look at the health statistics; the health should stay at a high level e.g. 95%
- Switch off all water and food production, wait until stockpile reaches 0; also switch off all medical facilities
- Colony health will quickly drop; this is normal
- Have a look at the health statistics; you should see a sharp drop of health %
- Wait a while; maybe some colonists will die
- Reactivate water, food, and medical facilities
- Wait a while to let colonists get healed
- Check the health statistics again
- Realize that the health graph is no longer updated, and that the health statistics stays at the low level of your food and water crisis
Yes, my health was stuck for two updates but still hasn't been fixed. This explains everything! Thanks!
Same - very annoying. Glad to see what the problem was. May start a new game a watch that - otherwise I keep getting asked if I'm every going to do anything about the health crisis.
sometimes adding heal centers fixes that
really game works of after all its only 350 $ lol
same issue here, health stuck at 18%
I did a bit of experimenting, considering a friend decided to delete all my hard work i had to restart. I knew the health graph freezing was a thing because mine froze at 98% (You dont need to get rid of your medical things to replicate this). I was curious as to if it actually froze your health or stopped updating for you. Everything suggests that the health actually freezes. The method shown is enough to replicate so i wont do a step by step. I will simply bullet point each thing
- The health graph freezing is common very early on, because it's far too easy to reach 0 food and water very quickly.
- I had hundreds of 85+ colonists. i had over 6 days of playtime, and no deaths. That was on the colony that froze at 98%. My new colony, froze at 50% (partially intentional). I have 1 day and 12 hours played. no-one above 55.
- My atmosphere was over 100 million on Colony 1 (old colony). Extremely toxic, but no-one died. Colony 2 (new colony), my atmosphere is below toxic level of 15 million. 5 deaths
- I was consistently in a health crisis on Colony 1, suggesting that the only thing the colonists recognise are the potential threats to their health, not their actual health.
- When i checked the ADU or the other option (i forget). The stat for my health bar also said 98% (for colony 1) for as long as it registered
- This is exploitable, medical centres are not needed if you intentionally freeze your health bar at 100%
Now, if this was just the health graph freezing, it wouldn't be a problem, but it's the health in general. I probably play this game the most at the moment since I'm playing over 10 hours a day and I've seen plenty people complain about this issue. Then I check the forums to see that this is an extremely common issue, but that it's yet to be fixed? It'd be nice to have something so critical and easy to come across wasn't something you had to worry about.
Necro bump. This issue is still not fixed, and can be replicated on Web via the same steps described above.