My Colony v0.63.0 Changelog
- New Structures: Alien Solar Tower, Wheel Factory, Ship Yard, Star Port, Tax Collection Agency, Chip Transporter, Advanced Microreactor, Wheelmakers Lodge, Deployed Construction Mech
- New Resources: Wheel, Starship
- New Techs: The Wheel, Faster than Light Travel
- New Unit: Mobile Construction Mech
- New Premium Content: Statue of Two
- You can now turn on "Trade Notifications" at the GBT, which enables the GBT price and trade ticker to show up on the main play screen, even when the GBT is closed.
- Small Vehicle Factory now slowly produces wheels
- Added Wheel storage to Landers, Small Vehicle Factory, and all warehouses
- Most Rovers now cost Wheels to build
- Medium Range Star Gate can now trade Steel and Bricks
- Customs Processing now deals in Steel
- Having the Stats screen open now goes into the same "Power Saving" mode as when GBT is open
So this update actually introduces an early-game change, in that Rovers now require the new resource Wheels to build. Originally I added the Wheels because I thought it would be funny for the Zolarg to just now be unlocking Wheel technology. Once I added them in though, I figured I'd add them to the Human civs also. After all, how can you have a Rover without Wheels??
So at the beginning of the game, you start with enough wheels to build several rovers. Once you get the small vehicle factory, it automatically produces a few, then you can eventually build the Wheel Factory which produces a lot. So I don't expect Wheel shortages to be a problem, but the concept does somewhat nerf early game Rover spamming. There may be further balancing needed.
On the Zolarg side, the wheels bring the Zolarg into the 100th century BC, but will also start taking the Zolarg into a strange new direction over the next few updates, while they start developing Mech technology and begin dominating the landscape with giant ant shaped godzilla like mechs.
Humans gain another new ultra-expensive resource, the Starship, along with two new Starship related buildings. This is all ultra-expensive late-game stuff that will give some older colonies something to do, with more to be expanded on over the coming updates.
There are also three new Reptilian structures, further expanding their build tree. Again, there is a lot more to come with the Reptilians.
I also think I fixed a bug that was causing Rovers to just sit there and not respond to orders. Let me know if you are still having the issue.
So that is all for this update. I have also submitted this release to the Xbox One, but it is pending approval from Microsoft. I will let you guys know if it gets either confirmed or rejected. Enjoy!